Pluto TV, a Paramount™ Global (formerly ViacomCBS Streaming) company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. PltoTV creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young, and the young at heart audiences in over 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities
Data plays a central role at Pluto TV, part of ViacomCBS Streaming, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team plays a crucial part in the success of our streaming products. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics QA Engineer for streaming products who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Pluto TV is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated individual with strong quality assurance skills, technical capability, and critical thinking to join our Measurement Operations group.
• Capture test requirements, execute test plans, and perform manual testing on a variety of new and existing applications on web, mobile, and OTT platforms to ensure that analytics implementations are correct and will yield complete and accurate data.
• Support Measurement Operations team in the management of QA, operational, and administrative needs of their assigned projects.
• Perform regression testing and audits/data integrity checks on a regular basis to have better control over the tags deployed across the sites.
• Contribute to development of Measurement Operations QA program to scale our efforts as we continue to expand.
• Conduct QA cycles and data audits to identify tracking gaps/inconsistencies.
• Partner with automation lead to develop and deploy QA automation frameworks for web properties, mobile apps, and OTT platforms.
• Represent the Measurement Operations team in meetings as domain specialist on data quality assurance.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects; verify defect fixes.
• Participate with product and engineering in sprint planning and bug triage efforts.
• Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features of PlutoTV's digital platforms.
• Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process.
• Promote adoption of QA tools and processes, including training and documentation of their use.
• Work with SCRUM and Product leads to secure release timelines.
• Ensure test builds are delivered to team members and vendors needing to perform testing.
• Prioritize tickets and call out blockers.
• Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations.
• Document on how to perform QA on all tracking devices and expected output.
• Train vendors on how to validate measurement.Provide clarity into issues discovered and their current status and place in the queue.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited University/College, or in lieu of a degree, 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
• Working knowledge of developing QA test plans and strategies, preferably for data/analytics.
• Attention to detail, paired with a passion for achieving the utmost data integrity for our tracking.
• Ability to keep and maintain accurate notes and documentation.
• Bug writing and ticket creation skills that result in complete and accurate information for developers.
• Interest in learning about measurement tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Comscore, Nielsen).
• Working knowledge of how to monitor network traffic using proxying tools (Charles, Wireshark, Chrome DevTools).
• Experience with QA in mobile applications and/or OTT platforms.
• Hands-on experience using automation tools (e.g. Observepoint, BrowserStack, etc.)
• Knowledge of automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, BrowserMob, Appium, etc).
• Agile/Scrum experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
• Testing experience with mobile applications and OTT platforms using debugging tools (e.g. ADB/Xcode).
• Knowledge of release and regression testing methodologies.
• Ability to define standard methodologies for testing tools.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqb1q-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.