Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, Paramount +, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
Overview & Responsibilities
CBS Interactive is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated individual with burgeoning analytics implementation skills, technical capability, and critical thinking to join our Measurement Operations group.
Data plays a central role at ViacomCBS Streaming, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS across upcoming internationals properties as well as content on multiple access points, including its increasing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight and Strange Angel to name a few.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. Candidates will develop expert-level knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics / Omniture) and the ability to ensure that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards. The candidate must also possess good technical acumen, superb communication skills, a customer-service mentality and the ability to easily translate business needs to technical requirements.
• Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications across all international platforms, including web, mobile app and emerging platforms such as OTT devices, gaming consoles and smart TVs.
• Play a critical role in the enablement of meaningful designed analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
• Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurement by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as designed.
• Communicate optimally to end users of the analytics platform how to retrieve the data needed to answer business questions.
• Work independently or with minimal supervision on time-sensitive and business-critical projects.
• Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative oriented field.
• Ability to analyze data to identify work you're doing, gaps and inconsistencies.
• Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
• Working knowledge of how analytics data is extracted and used within reporting tools.
• Sound written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers.
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
Experience with QA in mobile applications and/or OTT platforms.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8wb1-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.