San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation in San Mateo is looking for a seriously hardworking computer enthusiast to help support our game development studio. Our ideal applicant needs to love gaming, building custom PC's and helping your coworkers hurdle seemingly difficult IT obstacles so PlayStation can continue to be the best place to play. It's not an easy job, you'll be constantly challenged and be expected to solve some crazy desktop support problems. If you're looking to gain some IT XP, join our team to level up!
The Systems Administrator will primarily support users and systems located at our San Mateo, California office with some support in other SIE offices. This position will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day server and desktop management. In addition, applicant must be experienced working remotely and supporting users in their home offices and in-office/co-located servers. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years with IT helpdesk and server support experience. This person must excel in customer service, collaboration and thrive in a fast-pace, cutting-edge environment.
This is a temporary work from home situation with some on premises hands on work in an empty office. The applicant will work from the office when the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
• Solid experience with recent versions of Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux desktop operating systems.
• Install and configure hardware, operating systems, and application software on desktops and laptops running Microsoft Windows and MacOS.
• Familiar with supporting iOS, iPadOS, and Android mobile devices.
• Respond to end user requests via chat, email, tickets, phone. Quickly identify, research, and resolve issues.
• Provide local site administration of IT infrastructure: Servers/desktops/laptops, security, networking, storage/backup systems.
• Design, deploy, and maintain multi-tiered, production storage systems.
• Configure, lead, and maintain virtual infrastructures in VMware vSphere.
• Run backup architecture and disaster recovery practices.
• Work with game testing teams to resolve network access issues.
• Conduct server audits, performance testing, and provide dashboard reporting.
• Research new trends and technologies leading to testing and justification for deployment.
• Participate and collaborate with peers locally and across Sony to help complete larger projects.
• Handle desktop protection utilities and provide immediate response to outbreaks and new security incidents.
• Manage Active Directory domain user and computer accounts.
• Windows image creation and automated deployments of desktop and server operating systems.
• Document standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training.
• Be available off hours for scheduled maintenance, critical update releases, and physical office moves.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in heterogeneous server environment mostly comprised of Windows.
• Excellent and proven verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong sense of urgency, self-motivation, and work ethic. Phenomenal customer service skills. Friendly and eager to learn.
• Ability to perform and resolve root-cause analysis, document system build procedures, and process workflow related to end user support and system administration.
• Understand and communicate system concepts to end users and technical teams; experience with Windows administration, preferably up to current release; experience with Linux administration, preferably current with CentOS/RHEL.Ubuntu
• Experience with enterprise storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI) and considerable hands-on experience with sophisticated backup architectures (D2D2T)
• Extensive knowledge of security concepts and industry standard methodologies
• Be able to assess requirements, build and maintain project plans and collaborate with technical teams and management.
• Proven success in a helpdesk or service oriented structure, having knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
• Working as a great teammate to deliver projects on time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm43x-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.