Front-End Software Engineer, Mobile
San Francisco, CA
Front-end Software Engineer, Mobile (Contract)
You will be a key member of our mobile app team and determine the core infrastructure of our next generation of cross-platform mobile applications to enhance our PlayStation ecosystem. Come be part of the team to realize mobile experience for our 94M+ PlayStation users.
Explore the PlayStation App: https://www.playstation.com/playstation-app
• You will develop a mobile app using modern Agile techniques such as Scrum
• You will collaborate with UI designers and product managers to break down requirements into work packages and craft compelling mobile user experiences.
• You will develop a production-quality application in a client-side framework such as React Native.
• You will collaborate with an international team of developers, UI designers, and product managers (USA/Japan/UK/Canada).
• You will build on and integrate externally and internally produced frameworks.
• You will be called upon to represent the team in technical forums, to present designs, and to share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
• You will be responsible for working with the team on debugging and solving complex issues and deliver solutions that work within existing codebases
• You can independently manage your time to deliver your work, and be an active contributor to team processes
• You understand the importance of testability when it comes to your work, and deliver tested, feature-complete code that adheres to engineering and QA standards for testability.
• A real passion for developing fluid user experiences.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies.
• Familiarity with Objective-C/Swift and Xcode or Java and Android Studio
• Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum).
• Experience measuring UI/App performance, especially around UI response time and network use.
• Experience writing multi-threaded applications.
• Experience shipping 1-2 consumer facing, mobile/web applications.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq89z9-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.