The Pittsburgh Pirates are seeking a Coordinator, Social Media to balance the creative needs of our organization with production deadlines and client (both internal and external) needs. The person in this role is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of strategic communications for the Pittsburgh Pirates social media accounts to include sales, marketing, business and community initiatives. The Coordinator will assist with daily operation of Pirates social media platforms from off season planning and posting, to in-game posting, off-day scheduling and more. The candidate will also assist with in-park and on-site social media activation in conjunction with corporate partnership and ticket sales programs, as well as other organizational initiatives. The employee must have confidence in dealing with the members of the media, as well as a willingness to take initiative and assume activities associated with communicating the Pirates organization's key messages.
As part of a small, dynamic, multi-hat wearing team, qualified individuals will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. We seek applicants who are self-motivated, flexible, extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Assist in the development and execution of daily strategies for Pirates social media platforms.
• Develop strategic long-term programs tailored for specific platforms to increase engagement.
• Execute daily communications across all social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and others, including daily game day coverage.
• Responsible for the oversight of in-park and off campus on-site social media activation for corporate partnership programs.
• Edit and format photos for use across all social media channels and Pirates.com pages.
• Update Photoshop files for daily use in Pirates social media posts.
• Daily social media monitoring, with independent judgment and discretion to respond to or make recommendations on responses to social media posts by third parties on Pirates social media outlets, which the Pirates consider to be matters of significance in terms of public image and brand consistency.
• Active role in sales, marketing, community and content creation.
• Participate and/or cover Pirates business and community events.
• Game day coordination with MLB's ballpark social media representative.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y566-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.