- Full Time
Penguin Random House is seeking an experienced engineer to join its Computer Operations Tools team in Maryland. This position includes design and management responsibilities for the various toolset applications that support our computing environment – including job scheduling, applications and systems monitoring, and backup operations. These services extend into a wide array of manufacturer products and technologies, including locally hosted systems, as well as cloud and SaaS offerings.
Prospective candidates must possess some or all of the following technical skills:
• Working knowledge of Windows, Unix/Linux operating systems administration
• Experience in configuration and administration of production job scheduling applications.
• Experience with basic systems and applications monitoring software & technologies
• Experience with PowerShell scripting
• Experience with SQL query language
• Knowledge and experience with cloud services
• Working knowledge of file and database backup systems
• Strong technical communications skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1kem-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.