Sr. Data Scientist
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Penguin Random House is seeking an enthusiastic Senior ABAP Developer interested in being part of the changing media world. In this position you will enhance and support the SAP Order to Cash, Purchasing, Production and Finance Processes. We are looking for a talented individual with an aptitude for design and innovation, who can be an analytical thinker with the ability to creatively troubleshoot, solve system problems, and enjoy doing so in a collaborative environment with business leads and other IT professionals.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work on existing and new SAP related projects in the Enterprise Application suite to support both internal and external users.
• Build, test, ship, and iterate these technology products during their launch and early lifecycle as they grow and scale, in an atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation.
• Work closely with the team to execute on the timetables agreed in conjunction with partner teams inside and outside PRH.
• Will be involved in all aspects of development, including infrastructure, services, and frontend development team, working in collaboration with PRH business units, systems and resources as well as outsourced technology and resources.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
• Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years solid ABAP Programming experience in SAP ECC 6.0
• Strong experience SAP core modules SD, MM, PP and FI, including AR, AP, GL, COPA
• SAP custom ABAP development experience including dialogue programming, SAP Forms/SAP Script, ALV reporting, IDOC processing, and use of function modules, RFCs, BAPIs, Web Services and PI/PO
• Possess ability to:
• Collaborate with end users to analyze and document requirements for new business processes or changes to existing processes
• Design and develop tools/programs based on complex business requirements
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve system problems
• Organize tasks and manage time to complete multiple, diverse assignments within a scheduled timeframe
• Business knowledge of the order to cash process desired
• S/4 HANA, SAP Personas, SAP Fiori, or SAP Cloud Platform knowledge a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8k70-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.