Sr. Data Scientist
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
The Data Science team at Penguin Random House is seeking a Senior Data Scientist.
We are an agile team of data scientists and data engineers. The team has a wide mandate encompassing sales forecasting, supply chain, recommendation / personalization systems, uncovering trending titles, title segmentation, pricing systems, as well as data exploration and research applying novel statistical methods.
In this role, you will work on a variety of high-profile projects in collaboration with key decision makers across the organization. You should have a strong background in statistical forecasting models and experience in building production-stable pipelines in Python. You should also be a creative thinker capable of proposing and implementing novel approaches that impact the business.
Apply if you have:
• A bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, business analytics, or any quantitative social science
• 4+ years of professional experience programming in Python in a data science or ML role
• Expertise in applying advanced statistical models for forecasting/prediction
• Expertise in writing and maintaining stable production level code in Python (e.g., for automating data pipeline/modeling tasks)
• Aptitude with shell scripting, debugging tools, containerized environments, and any flavor of Linux
• Experience working with relational databases and fluency in SQL
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a business audience
• A master's degree or PhD in a mathematical science, statistics, quantitative social science or related field. Alternatively, two years of additional experience in a data science or ML role
• Experience building data products from the warehouse ingestion phase all the way through to the business-facing application side
• Experience developing, testing, and deploying web applications using Flask, Django, or another Python web framework
• Experience working with cloud-based computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
• Experience working with container orchestration for deploying, scaling, and managing production tasks, preferably using Kubernetes and Rancher
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk30q-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.