Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Penguin Random House is the leading publishing firm globally and is on a mission to ignite a universal passion for reading by creating books for everyone. With a multitude of imprints, or brands, that cover everything from fiction to cooking to religion to technology, we're already off to a good start, though we have plenty more room for improvement. It's likely that you have one of our fabulous books in your home; it's possible you'll go and have a look after reading this (but stay here for now).
So how does a Senior Developer fit into this situation I hear you ask? Well, as an Azure BI Developer, you will support our Business Intelligence initiative using Power Automate and the Azure platform. Among many things you'll be responsible for developing and creating Power BI, Power App and Power Automate applications and tools to support data analytics, which is fast becoming a cornerstone of how we operate.
We've learned so many incredible things this past year and one of the most impactful is that we can't operate without data and the systems to be able to understand and enhance what it means to us. That's where you come in. Reporting into the VP of Technology Project Management, you'll be joining a well-established team that's looking for someone with a collaborative, solutions-based mindset. There are many elements to your role, see below a snapshot of the main responsibilities:
• Build new and enhance existing Business Intelligence applications
• Responsible for creating tools that turn data into actionable information
• Communicate with business stakeholders and refine product requirements
• Responsible for creating client-side applications
Successful candidates will be qualified in:
• 4+ years' experience building apps in Azure where you can demonstrate your comfort level with Power Automate Desktop & PowerBI.com
• Interacting with SQL databases & Snowflake
• Creating Apps/Workflows with Power Automate
• Experience with SharePoint sites and workflow
• Building webservices in Azure
• 2+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2015+)
• Creating and building complex views and stored procedures
• Experienced with working within the Agile development framework
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You'll be working with entry through to board level colleagues, so being able to adjust to your audience is key!
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented – some may think this is a given but with over 275+ imprints and business departments, there's a lot to manage, so organization is pretty high on the must have list
Given how popular these roles can be, when you apply, we'd love for you to showcase as much as possible in your resume how your experience will add to our team, and will also welcome cover letters so you can go into additional depth should you wish. We look forward to hearing from and hopefully meeting you soon!
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 149121
May 21, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7y3o-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.