Random House Children's Books is seeking a collaborative and detail-oriented Senior Production Associate to join our 4-color trade book team. In this role, you'll be managing the complete book production process from release of layout files to warehouse delivery and archiving final files for approximately 60 original titles per year. If you enjoy working on a variety of children's book formats including picture books, board books, and graphic novels in a creative and team-oriented environment, this is an opportunity you don't want to miss!
The Random House Children's Book production department is filled with talented individuals who are passionate about making high-quality children's books. We work closely with editors and designers to carefully bring each project to fruition. This role reports to the Senior Production Manager in the 4-color trade books and brands team, which handles titles for several imprints within Random House Children's Books, including Doubleday BFYR, Golden Books, Random House BFYR, Random House Graphic, Random House Studio, and Rodale Kids, and iconic brands such as Dr. Seuss, Little Golden Books, and Richard Scarry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Consulting with Publishing group to develop the specifications for individual titles
• Cost estimating, including multiple options for a variety of book formats
• Entering and maintaining book specifications in SAP
• Creating book schedules and maintaining dates in Filemaker Pro
• Daily communication with both domestic and overseas suppliers
• Preflighting of interior and component files in InDesign and Acrobat
• Sending files to outside prepress houses/printers and trafficking and color review of all proof passes
• Issuing prepress and manufacturing purchase orders and approving invoices
• Archiving of final print files
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant book production experience
• Knowledge of prepress, color correction, printing, binding, and special effects
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to effectively problem solve
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
• Proficient basic math skills to accurately complete book cost estimates
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with SAP and Filemaker Pro a plus
This is a hybrid role with the expectation to work in office as needed to review proofs and book samples in a color room.
The salary for this position is $58,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9jk97-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.