Marketing Manager - Viking, Penguin, Riverhead Books
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Marketing Manager/Senior Marketing Manager - Ballantine Bantam Dell
The Random House Publishing Group is seeking an experienced, creative, and enthusiastic marketer. This title-marketing position reports directly to the VP, Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy, will lead innovative consumer-facing campaigns, as well as partner on overall group strategies, to bring the imprints' publications to the largest possible readership. In addition to title marketing, this position entails spearheading efforts for the Random House Book Club, an in-house platform for reading groups.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be hands-on in the creation and execution of customized campaigns for a variety of authors, help set and meet ambitious sale goals, and drive discovery and engagement, working closely with Publishing, Editorial, Publicity, Sales, Analytics, as well as Copy, Design and Media Buying, as part of the larger Integrated Marketing Team.
ABOUT BALLANTINE BANTAM DELL:
This is an exciting opportunity to work across Ballantine Bantam Dell's fiction and nonfiction lists. You will be able to immerse yourself in a creative and hands-on department renowned by readers as the go-to publisher for commercial fiction across contemporary fiction and romance, historical fiction, mystery/thriller, as well as thought-provoking and narrative nonfiction. Ballantine Bantam Dell is proud to publish a long list of bestselling novelists including Debbie Macomber, Jodi Picoult, Emily Giffin, Lisa Wingate, Lee Child, Martha Hall Kelly, Taylor Jenkins Reid, Terry McMillan, and others.
• Create and lead innovative title-marketing campaigns based on market data and consumer trends for upcoming publications
• Collaborate closely with authors and their larger teams to implement strategy, including: development of digital content, timelines and integration across author's social media/related platforms
• Devise influencer marketing campaigns, custom audiences, and organizational and company cross-promotions to activate word of mouth and digital activations, that drive sales
• Work with VP, Director of Marketing to effectively share goals for each title, with Publishing, Publicity, Sales, and the larger Integrated Marketing team
• Manage title-marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, analytics, and budgets
• Establish relationships with third party partners and related media platforms for partnership opportunities, as well as larger group initiatives
• A proven track record in book promotion or related media (magazines, music, film, etc)
• Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to demonstrate, with examples, the execution of successful marketing campaigns from strategy through end-product
• Proven ability to set and meet goals under an established budget
• Excellent communication skills with talent to speak fluently and effectively with top authors and key stakeholders
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and thrive in a fast-paced working environment
• Collaborative, curious reader across areas, detail-oriented, with an ability to take initiative preferred
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe, and basic html skills a plus
Please apply using our online application system, and include your resume and cover letter. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 148767
Jun 18, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz54v7-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.