Seeking an experienced publishing professional with strong negotiating skills to license Random House Childrens Books around the world. The candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills. This position will collaborate with all departments in the division, work on projects by top authors, report directly to the SVP of Children's Subsidiary Rights.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and passionate rights professional to work within one of the world's largest children's book publishing companies.
• Pitch, negotiate and manage international licensing deals
• Direct selling to some territories, working with co-agents in others
• Coordinate with publishing partners to share and develop opportunities to increase sales
• Collaborate and communicate with all departments as part of a cohesive business strategy
• Oversee the creation of seasonal Rights Guides
• Attend international book fairs when PRH is in attendance
• 12-15 years of experience to be considered as a Sr. Director and a minimum of 7-10 years of selling subsidiary rights to be considered as a director.
• Deep experience in negotiating international rights deals and knowledge of international publishers
• Knowledge and appreciation of children's books and the international children's book market
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external colleagues across all levels of an organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
• Ability to read and understand publishing contracts
• Collaborative work ethic as well as ability to work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook, along with a willingness to learn new systems and tools
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zw2m-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.