New York, NY
The Senior Associate of Customer Operations will join a dynamic team working to understand our retail customers' operational processes as well as those of PRH to develop improvements and greater efficiencies for all parties. We are looking for someone with inherent curiosity who is interested in learning how our company and customers operate, from metadata to physical operational processes to support the distribution and sales of PRH and client books. Their focus is to ensure metadata accuracy for PRH and PRHPS distribution client titles across customer retail sites and develop a deeper understanding of our customers' data ingestion practices. The Sr. Associate will support the Customer Operations team with adjustments to our various metadata feeds and updating the internal system used for generation and distribution of said feeds. With guidance, this role will also participate in cross-departmental projects to improve internal workflow efficiencies to the benefit of both PRH and our customers.
The right candidate will have a strong attention to detail. The position will work closely with our customers, the PRH sales reps, IT, Publishing Operations, Data Control, Fulfillment, and Customer Service. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who likes solving puzzles and wants to develop their project management skills.
This is a great position for those who enjoy continuous learning and growth as it provides a view of many cross-functional teams!
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Metadata and product flow to business partners
• Internal point of contact for our eCatalog B2B partners
• Support the day-to-day operational relationships with and queries from physical customers
• Assisting with process documentation and database maintenance
• Participate in the development of processes, systems and tools while developing project management skills
• Enthusiasm for operations and process improvement!
• Minimum 2-3 years work experience
• An orientation towards partnership and participating in cross function teams
• Strong attention to detail
• Keen follow-up skills
• Familiarity with data feeds such as API / XML (or specifically ONIX) highly desired but not required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
The Penguin Random House office is located in New York, NY; expected working hours are based on ET.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj90n2-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.