Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Publishing Manager, Penguin Random House Audio
The Publishing Manager reports to the VP, Content and Business Development, and works alongside the Audio Editorial team to provide analysis, acquisitions recommendations, and licensing support. The Editorial Team acquires over 1700 audio titles annually, and licenses content to a variety of outside vendors.
This position will focus largely on titles within the Listening Library catalog, along with working with adult and original audiobook titles. Listening Library is one of the most beloved and recognized YA and children's audio brands in the world, with deep respect from teachers, librarians, and consumers, over the years LL have earned more than 400 ALSC and YALSA Audiobook Awards, 21 Odyssey Awards and Honors, 21Audie® Awards, and two Grammy® Awards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partnering with Editorial colleagues to strategize about children's audio catalog acquisitions and leading acquisition projects from start, though all stages, to finish
• Overseeing licensing of adult & children's Audio content to outside vendors, with an eye to finding new licensees
• Providing strategic support to the Listening Library team by analyzing current children's audio trends and recommending growth areas.
• Maintaining an awareness of trends, comp titles, etc. within the audio publishing/content space.
• Negotiating collaborative agreements with acquisitions and licensees
• Supporting Audio Editorial team with special projects and research
The ideal candidate possesses:
• Prior experience within publishing or another media outlet, including experience with licensing and/or subsidiary rights required
• Excellent project management skills
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize competing projects
• Prior experience implementing and executing new processes as well as refining existing processes
• Genuine interest in the audiobook and publishing industry, including an understanding of the children's audiobook landscape
• Proactive with the ability to effectively problem solve
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally across all levels within an organization, including the ability to negotiate
• Excellent analytical skills
• Spanish language fluency a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq85k6-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.