*Open to remote candidates*
We are seeking a Senior Publicist/Publicity Manager to join the Portfolio/Sentinel Publicity team, a small, collaborative, and entrepreneurial division of Penguin Publishing Group. Portfolio publishes a diverse list of business titles, which we describe as 'books for ambitious people.' Sentinel publishes ideas-driven nonfiction that skews conservative.
Our authors are internationally recognized economists, leaders, professors, CEOs, media personalities, and movement starters, and our mission is to help them refine and position their message, build their tribes, and spread their ideas far and wide.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, news-driven environment. Our ideal candidate will be interested in working on books that defy categorization, have experience working with both conservative and mainstream media, and have a keen sense for interests across the political spectrum.
This publicist will lead campaigns for a variety of nonfiction titles (including high-profile Sentinel titles), including current events and titles at forefront of the changing landscape of business, work, and politics. They will provide input on publicity strategy across both imprints, weigh in on submissions and attend acquisition meetings to offer publicity insights.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Plans and executes publicity campaigns that maximize exposure for authors and their books. This includes:
• identifying possible audiences
• writing creative and effective pitch materials
• securing top national and regional TV, radio, print, online, and podcast media
• creating dynamic, successful author tours, as well as organizing logistics and bulk sales opportunities
• working within budgets
• Develops and maintains close working relationships with members of the press and seeks out new media outlets.
• Attends acquisitions meetings alongside publisher and editors to offer publicity insight and feedback.
• Manages high-touch author care, occasional media training, and attentive communication with agents, outside firms, booksellers, and key in-house departments.
• Handles select department responsibilities and represents the imprints at various meetings, functions, and industry events.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Relevant experience in publicity or related media
• Established national and regional TV, radio, print and online media contacts, with an emphasis on politics
• Excellent organization and communication skills, strategic thinking, and superb attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 158061
Jul 30, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87qvk-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.