Do you read a wide range of books? Is falling in love with a book and convincing others to read it your superpower? Are you interested in publicity and the publishing process? If you answered yes to these questions, you could be the newest member of the Berkley Publicity team.
The Berkley imprint at Penguin Random House is seeking a Publicity Assistant who is a creative self-starter and passionate about books to support an Assistant Director and Publicity Manager in implementing book publicity campaigns while maintaining their own campaigns for a diverse array of commercial and genre fiction. This is an opportunity to apprentice with experienced publicists. Berkley Publicity is a twelve-member department in which co-workers often collaborate on campaigns, projects, and media outreach. The team meets weekly virtually to foster teamwork and morale.
An industry leader in commercial and genre fiction, Berkley has a rich tradition of discovering new talent, defining emerging trends, and building authors and series into global franchises. Berkley is proud to publish New York Times bestselling authors Jasmine Guillory, Ali Hazelwood, Emily Henry, Karen White, Laurell K. Hamilton, Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray, Christine Feehan, Mark Greaney, Kristan Higgins, and Chanel Cleeton, among others. Known for being at the forefront of trends, Berkley continues to develop authors and acquire books on the cutting edge of genre fiction.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Providing extensive support with high profile author campaigns, including tours (virtual or in person), media outreach, and creating press releases, pitch letters and press kits.
• Seeking publicity opportunities across print, broadcast, and online media for assigned titles, in a wide variety of genres and formats.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with relevant media contacts, including editors, producers, reviewers, and bloggers.
• Communicating with bookstores, libraries, and other partners to coordinate author events.
• Working and communicating closely with authors, editors and other in-house colleagues throughout the publicity campaign.
• Performing general administrative duties such as coordinating mailings, monitoring media outlets, media database entry, performing online research to acquire publicity contacts, setting up meetings, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong interest in book publicity and commercial fiction
• Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills
• Superb attention to detail
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks from multiple supervisors/mentors
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge of social media platforms and an interest in using social media to enhance book campaigns preferred
The salary of this position is $48,000.00. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy99op-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.