Marketing Director, Penguin Random House Audio
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing for Penguin Random House Audio, this position will oversee the coordination and execution of marketing efforts for audio titles in partnership with Penguin Random House publications to the largest possible audience through innovative consumer-facing marketing campaigns.
As the premier publisher in the audiobook industry, Penguin Random House Audio is devoted to producing top-quality fiction and nonfiction audiobooks written and read by the best in the business, including books by bestselling authors like Margaret Atwood, Brené Brown, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Elizabeth Gilbert, John Grisham, George R. R. Martin, Toni Morrison, Celeste Ng, Delia Owens, Rick Riordan, Jacqueline Woodson, and Colson Whitehead, as well as Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton, and First Lady Michelle Obama. Our audiobooks have achieved 16 GRAMMY® Awards, 94 Audie® Awards, and 23 Odyssey Awards and Honors.
• Manages a team of title marketers who oversee over 1,800 audiobooks per year
• Oversees the coordination between audio and hardcover marketing teams to create, liaise, and implement cross-promotional campaigns for a variety of adult and children's titles
• Coordinates with the Editorial, Production, and Publicity teams to identify key priority titles for each season
• Strategizes and executes campaigns for fiction and nonfiction audiobooks from the Random House Group's list from acquisition, to on-sale, and beyond
• Contributes to audio acquisition proposals and draft campaign plans and recaps for authors, agents, sales, and hard cover imprints as assigned
• Clearly identifies the potential audiences for a publication and leverages resources and analytics to continually refine targeting and messaging to expand the listenership for every audiobook
• Works closely with design and media buying teams on creative assets for campaigns
• Flexibly manages audiobook promotion plans and budgets that grow and change over time
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience
• Previous management experience and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
• Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools, including consumer insights, sales analysis, planning and executing campaigns, budget management, media planning, and email
• Motivated self-starter and collaborator with proven abilities to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize
• Demonstrate the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience presenting in front of large groups
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• A strong background in copywriting is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8z87-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.