We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our innovative Riverhead Books team. Riverhead, an imprint of Penguin Random House, is home to bestselling authors such as Brit Bennett, Elizabeth Gilbert, Khaled Hosseini, Jacqueline Woodson, and many more. In this role, the Coordinator will create marketing campaigns, provide administrative support, and aid in the creation of marketing materials and advertising campaigns. The ideal candidate possesses strong project management skills, excellent attention to detail, time management, creative prowess, and of course penchant for curiosity.
This position will report to the Marketing Director, and work in partnership on all aspects of marketing for assigned titles, collaborate across teams on imprint-wide campaigns and initiatives, and work closely with authors.
• Coordinate agendas and materials for marketing meetings, communicate with in-house departments (editorial, publicity, sales, etc.), and assisting with department mailings.
• Maintain record keeping for assigned titles and sales reports.
• Generate, implement, and analyze creative marketing campaigns in conjunction with the Marketing Director and work independently to execute plans
• Coordinate digital advertising campaigns by strategizing targeting and copy, and collaborating with an internal design department on creative concepts and direction
• Develop imprint and author social media strategy around a book's release, including content creation, and messaging.
• Work with the team to develop creative programming for out book community
• Communicate key campaign updates with internal stakeholders, and externally with authors and agents.
• Contribute original content to the Riverhead social media platforms and assist with social media advertising.
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
• Strong interest in book publishing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for, and knowledge of, social media content creation
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, online marketing tools, and
Extra credit if you have these additional skills:
• Creating engaging video content for Instagram Reels and/or Tik Tok
• Experience working with creative teams and providing design/aesthetic direction
• Developing strategic brand or product partnerships
• Digital analytics
• Creating PowerPoint decks
What do we bring to the table:
• The space to learn from a team of industry leaders with a wealth of knowledge in publishing
• True, collaborative approach across creative, publicity, and marketing departments
• A nimble work environment, where we all roll up our sleeves, and get the job done
• The green light to fail (but fail fast, learn and move forward; we believe we never fail at the same thing twice)
• Open doors and open ears. If you have an idea, we want to hear it, and want you to try it
• An opportunity to sharpen your social media skills from a strategic perspective
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxqx4-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.