Managing Editor - Random House
Random House is seeking a Managing Editor to join the Clarkson Potter/Harmony/Rodale imprints who will report to the Executive Managing Editor. You will be a key member of a small, highly collaborative team within the larger Random House Publishing Group division.
The position requires extreme attention to detail and great people skills. You will manage and disperse information company-wide and help bring to fruition our list of books and products each season. Learn about what it takes to publish everything from jigsaw puzzles and postcards to celebrity cookbooks and books on health and well-being.
• Fields daily title management requests, troubleshoots issues, and ensures accuracy of SAP database
• Meets weekly or biweekly with editors, tracking deliverables and liaising with Publishing; Design, Production Editorial, and Production; and Marketing, Publicity, and Sales as necessary
• Supports the Editorial Director, Publishing Director, and Deputy Publisher with list management
• Organizes multiple planning meetings for the Publisher, including scheduling, managing agendas and notes, and performing follow-up for each season's list.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Managing Editorial or Production Editorial
• Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to interact with colleagues across all areas of the company and corporation
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and negotiate with stakeholders
• Flexibility and creativity to help others navigate complex workflows and challenging deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiarity with Filemaker, Box, and SAP a plus
• Familiarity with Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition, and The Chicago Manual of Style a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 157553
Jun 30, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekmv8-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.