*Please note this role will require some commuting into the NYC office*
DK North America is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst. Reporting into the VP of Finance and Operations, this role will collaborate with the other team members on various budgeting, forecasting, and cost-accounting tasks. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly driven and curious individual to work on a wide array of finance-related topics and to learn from their peers.
Reporting and Controlling
• Create monthly reporting components such as inventory overview and provision analyses
• Prepare daily sales overviews
• Create monthly commentary on sales and profitability
• Track and analyze departmental operating expenses vs. forecast and prior year
• Create ad-hoc financial analyses
• Process internal invoices between the UK and the US division in SAP
• Review and potentially optimize the internal invoicing process
• Work in SAP to ensure data consistency, such as unit costs
• Assist in the development of the annual budget and rolling forecast for DK US
• Facilitate title-level forecasting process
• Work closely with other team members on other budget components such as right stock levels, operational expenses, etc.
• University degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field
• Proficient in MS-Excel. Must be able to manipulate large volumes of data easily and use functions such as v-lookups/index/match/SUMIF/pivot tables
• Ability to analyze data and communicate results to management and directors
• Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet deadlines
• Superb attention to detail
• Experience with SAP and Business Objects preferred
• Relevant business experience in a finance/accounting role or related analytical role is a plus
• Working knowledge of Power BI a plus
Salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkpmj4-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.