The Random House Publishing Group is seeking a Junior Designer to join their talented team of design professionals! This position requires imagination, passion, and strong design skills. In this role, you will assist Art Directors and collaborate with Editors and Publishers in the department on a wide range of adult fiction and nonfiction titles and will also have the opportunity to create book jackets and covers of their own. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to create book covers and about the overall publishing process.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Designing mechanicals, assisting with research, and helping to create cover and jacket designs.
• Preparing files for production.
• Reviewing and correcting proofs with the assistance of senior staff.
• Utilizing design skills in the modification of layouts and series titles.
• Making reprint corrections.
• Preparing presentation materials, maintaining high production standards, and keeping to schedules and budgets.
• Work with freelance designers, illustrators, and photographers.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Genuine interest in book cover design
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
• Strong organizational skills with firm attention to detail
• Ability to think and work creatively
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task successfully
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
• An awareness of current design trends
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j6n0-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.