Junior Designer/Designer – World of Eric Carle brand, Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Random House is seeking a Jr Designer/Designer who thrives in a fast-paced, creative and diverse work environment. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the World of Eric Carle brand management team at Penguin Young Readers. While this is a design position, this is not a book design position.
Penguin Random House is the global brand owner of The World of Eric Carle brand. Internally, the brand team works with the Workshop imprint at Penguin Young Readers and supports several other departments including but not limited to: marketing, sub rights and sales. The World of Eric Carle brand team also works closely with many other partners including their global licensing agent, their sister company, Puffin Books, and domestic and international publishers.
• Design and Creative Support
• Design social media posts for World of Eric Carle brand pages
• Develop and create new assets for World of Eric Carle Imprint publishing program
• Update brand materials
• Coordinates with creative director to draft and communicate concise feedback to brand partners for both publishing and merchandising projects
• Brand Asset Management
• Principal person responsible for the development and maintenance of the digital archive, comprehensive Eric Carle materials for merchandising and publishing programs
• In coordination with the Creative Director, act as creative liaison to The Eric Carle Museum of Picture book art
• Supports creative director and marketing team by providing and gathering assets and materials for ongoing or new brand partnerships
• Perform administrative tasks as needed
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• A strong willingness to fully understand and maintain brand values and guidelines, within designs and through communication
• Solid organizational skills with attention to detail
• Previous brand agency or publisher experience is preferred
• Willingness to take on new responsibilities as skill set grows
• Experience working with and maintaining brand style guides, asset folders, design templates
• Experience in marking up proofs to manage color and retouching
• Photoshop retouching skills a plus
• Pre-press and color printing knowledge a plus
• Team oriented, cooperative and supportive
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5eq7-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.