The Corporate Design team of Penguin Random House is looking for a self-motivated and organized Jr. Designer to join our highly collaborative team.
You will be responsible for assisting the Sr. Art Director in developing visual design and communication projects associated with the company brand, its products, and its services. Design projects will include B2B and company websites, brand presentations, product campaigns, and design development for product licensing, social media assets, trade show materials, among other responsibilities.
You will work closely with our interdisciplinary team of application, branding and Ad-Promo designers.
• Assisting Sr. Art Director on visual design development of company websites.
• Visual prototypes in low-fidelity and high-fidelity.
• Digital asset production, visual maintenance and curation of existing intranet and B2B websites.
• Design and development of vector graphics, infographics and iconography.
• Design support for Corporate Communication and HR internal projects.
• Creation of brand decks, pitch decks, presentations, and style guides.
• Creation and maintenance of documentation that articulates company brand guidelines.
• Design support on author platforms, programs, and services.
• Product development for existing licensees and creation of new artwork assets for brands.
• Trade and licensing show assets, banners, and collateral.
• Design support with PRH 'boot camp' initiatives and events related to the Publishing Development group.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• 1-3 years of graphic design experience (web design experience a plus)
• Create visual layouts, UI kits, moodboards and style guides
• Deliver responsive and systemic designs through an agile methodology
• Strong knowledge of design software Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch
• Strong organization and time-management skills
• Strong collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
• Ability to quickly, clearly, and effectively communicate design ideas and solutions to teams.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Open to feedback and constructive criticism
• Strong interest and curiosity in other areas of design and innovation
• Experience with working directly with clients a plus
• Understanding of basic HTML and Wordpress functionality
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roob66-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.