Junior Designer/Designer - Random House, One World & New Pop Culture-Focused Imprint, Roc Lit
The Random House Publishing Group is seeking a passionate Designer to join their talented team of design professionals! In this role, you will assist Art Directors on a wide range of adult fiction and nonfiction titles and will also have the opportunity to create book jackets and covers of your own. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to create book covers and about the overall publishing process.
The role will focus on book cover designs for The Random House imprint, founded in 1927, which is dedicated as ever to a diverse and far-ranging list of fiction and nonfiction titles, and books for the One World imprint, a home to award-winning and bestselling authors who are collectively leading the cultural conversation. Additionally, you will also work on the newly formed Roc Lit imprint, devoted to publishing books at the dynamic intersection of entertainment and genre-defying literature on a range of subjects such as music, sports, pop culture, activism, and art.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Designing mechanicals, assisting with research, and helping to create cover and jacket designs.
• Preparing files for production.
• Reviewing and correcting proofs with the assistance of senior staff.
• Utilizing design skills in the modification of layouts and series titles.
• Making reprint corrections.
• Preparing presentation materials, maintaining high production standards, and keeping to schedules and budgets.
• Work with freelance designers, illustrators, and photographers.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• 1-3 years of professional design experience
• Genuine interest in book cover design
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
• Strong organizational skills with firm attention to detail
• Strong design and typography skills
• A passion for adult fiction and non-fiction books
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
To apply, please submit your portfolio, resume, and cover letter with salary requirements.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn80bk-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.