Penguin Random House is the leading publishing firm globally and is on a mission to ignite a universal passion for reading by creating books for everyone. With a multitude of imprints, or brands, that cover everything from fiction to cooking to religion to technology, we're already off to a good start, though we have plenty more room for improvement. It's likely that you have one of our fabulous books in your home; it's possible you'll go and have a look after reading this (but stay here for now).
We had an incredible year last year, especially across our Information Technology department, and as such we're looking to add to our IT team with a Full Stack Developer position.
Our developers build products and services that are designed well, developed efficiently, and provide value. The Developer will work with a small development team within PRH in a dynamic, agile development environment.
• Build, test, ship, and iterate these technology products during their launch and early lifecycle as they grow and scale, in an atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation
• Will be involved in all aspects of development for the products, including infrastructure, services, and front-end development, working in collaboration with PRH business units, systems, resources and outsourced technology and resources
• Strong technical knowledge and skills in flexible infrastructure (e.g. AWS), RESTful APIs and service-based architecture, DevOps, and front-end development regarding both web and mobile are critical. The role involves working with the latest technologies, with a focus on automating tasks where possible and building tools as part of the front-end development workflow.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
• Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
• Able to render design documents into markup using web standards (HTML5, CSS3, ES6+)
• Familiarity consuming RESTful APIs
• An understanding of build processes such as SASS and NPM
• Experience with Python or Java is a plus
• Familiarity with source code control
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
The environment you'll be working in:
• SCSS Modules
• CI/CD pipeline to production w/GitLab CI
• Test automation for unit integration
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 157225
Jul 28, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wbvj-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.