New York, NY
Penguin Random House is currently seeking an Editor to join its Zeitgeist imprint. This is an innovative team focused on demand-based, data-driven original titles and adaptations across a variety of practical nonfiction titles. This role will work on all aspects of quickly bringing books to market such as analyzing data, sourcing content, positioning titles, developing and editing manuscripts, and managing metadata.
Titles that Zeitgeist has published are: Newlywed Couple's Devotional, The Enneagram for Beginners, Love More, Fight Less, Dog Training for Kids
• Developing and maintaining relationships with authors, experts, and writers across a wide range of practical nonfiction categories, including Christian practical nonfiction (i.e. devotionals, journals, children's bibles, etc.).
• Delivering conceptual, structural, and line edits to authors.
• Liaising with other internal departments (i.e. production, managing editorial, sales, etc.).
• Collaborating with design teams to shape and execute the vision for titles.
• Reviewing and approving cover copy, as well as advertising and publicity materials.
• Creating P&Ls and consulting with legal on projects when needed.
• Considering opportunities for backlist titles and repackaging existing content.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of commercial trade book editorial experience, from original concept to bound book
• Experience with and knowledge of the Christian market a huge plus
• Strong interest in nonfiction titles, including a driving interest in unearthing consumer needs through data analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Has established contacts with (or demonstrates the ability to quickly source) tried-and-true freelance editors and writers
• Team player with a proven ability to juggle multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment
• Highly proficient with software and other tools used for editing, reviewing, uploading, and transferring manuscripts and promotional materials
• Interest in discovering untapped markets
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx37mo-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.