Director, Publishing Operations
Penguin Random House Publisher Services (PRHPS) is seeking a Director of Publishing Operations to support the PRHPS Publishing clients. The successful candidate will be a seasoned leader and experienced operations professional with deep knowledge of Managing Editorial and Production.
The Director of Publishing Operations should have a passion for Manga and Graphic Novels, an ingrained understanding of managing editorial best practices, including assigning work and routing to and working with freelancers. Additionally, this individual needs to understand the Production landscape. The ideal candidate will be a skilled people manager and problem solver who will effectively guide complex processes and maintain internal and external relationships.
Additional information on PRHPS can be found here.
• Supervise the Managing Editorial team and assign work to editors
• Maintain schedules and ensure work is being completed
• Review freelance contracts and production requirements
• Manage a production team responsible for both Initial and Reprint titles
• Create and maintain clear procedures, from initial cost quotes to proofs and finished copies
• Help manage relationships with production vendors
• Develop best practices for creating cost quotes, selecting printers, submitting files, checking proofs, and confirming quality of finished product
Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with people management experience preferred
• Proven project management skills and extensive experience with project management software
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Exceptional written, verbal, listening, and presentation skills
• Proven ability to build relationships and be a reliable point of contact
• Demonstrated ability to communicate credibly and effectively with people at all levels of an organization
• Ability to receive and deliver feedback in a constructive manner
• SAP experience preferred
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume with salary requirements.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 155801
Jul 21, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekzn1-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.