Company: Penguin Random House North America
Requisition ID: 161361
Penguin Random House is looking to add an EDI Director to our Enterprise Applications team.
We are searching for someone who works well in a fast-paced setting, is not afraid of taking a hands-on approach, and brings a strong customer-focused mindset. In this position, you will be responsible for the operational support as well as the delivery of various projects to enhance and build out our suite of EDI applications – one of our most important capabilities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Oversee staff responsible for design, development and support of EDI application interfaces and maps
• Develop and implement an EDI strategy to support organizational initiatives
• Manage and lead EDI projects, ensuring documentation, testing, and deployment adheres to team/department standards
• Ensure that solutions are robust and scalable and strives to achieve minimal interruption to the business
• Work closely with business stakeholders to prioritize on strategic and project planning
• Ensure project milestones and goals are met adhering to approved budgets
• Ensure stakeholders are kept informed and updated on project status and production issues
• Engage with trading partners and vendors to align priorities and build a collaborative relationship
• Collaborate with IT colleagues within in a highly integrated application environment, ensuring that all security protocols are maintained, and data integrity is uncompromised across the application landscape
• Responsible for all areas of staff development
We are seeking candidates with:
• Minimum 5 years experience as an individual contributor as an EDI developer or EDI specialist
• Minimum 5 years experience leading and managing teams
• Thorough understanding of systems analysis and design techniques
• Expert knowledge of the systems development life cycle
• Effective and professional communication skills in all forms
• Proven experience working in a highly integrated application environment
• An ability to be flexible and adapt to changing business requirements
• Proven experience engaging with customers and vendors
• Experience with IBM B2Bi Suite of applications or Sterling Integrator, highly preferred
• Experience with SAP integration, highly preferred
• Publishing or media industry experience, a plus but not required
As a Full-time employee, you'll enjoy our comprehensive benefits program which offers everything from incredibly generous time off including 12 company paid holidays, 10 sick days, 4 personal days AND 15 vacations days (increasing at years 1, 10 and 25), Medical, Dental & Vision through Anthem BCBS, 401k, student loan repayment program, Volunteer Days, and so much more. Oh and a TON of free books. There's so much to love about life at PRH.
Jul 21, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj87e0-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.