Sr. Data Scientist
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
The Information Technology department at Penguin Random House (PRH) is looking for a Developer to join their team. This developer will report into the Senior Director, Web Strategies and B2B Services. The Developer will work with a small development team within PRH in a dynamic, agile development environment.
• Work on existing and new web projects in the PRH Applications suite to support both internal and external users
• Build, test, ship, and iterate these technology products during their launch and early lifecycle as they grow and scale, in an atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation.
• Strong technical knowledge and skills in areas including flexible infrastructure (e.g., AWS), RESTful APIs and service-based architecture, dev ops, and frontend development (web and mobile) are critical. The role involves working with the latest technologies, with a focus on automating tasks where possible and building tools as part of the frontend development workflow.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
• Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
• At least 1-year experience working with web-based technologies
• Experience creating APIs using either JAVA or Python.
• Strong knowledge of modern web standards including HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+
• Working knowledge of object-oriented design
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
• Excellent communication skills
The environment you'll be working in
React/Redux, SCSS Modules, CI/CD pipeline to production w/GitLab CI, Unit Test automation, Java/Python for backend development , Docker
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7owx-3-237-48-165-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.