The Data Warehouse Operations team is responsible for all development and operational activity related to an existing enterprise data warehouse for the largest English language publisher. Proprietary applications are used to transform and populate cloud repositories in both Snowflake and Azure, providing information for a wide variety of applications throughout the company.
• Involved in all aspects of data warehousing development and operations.
• Write both ad-hoc and proprietary C and Python production ETL code.
• Perform analysis of raw data sets and comparisons of similar data sets, providing results.
• Focus on maintaining and increasing the quality of the company's data assets.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
• 3-5 years of hands-on software development experience
• Linux and SQL expertise is required.
• Hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
• C, Python, Java
• Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL, Azure Data Factory, Informix
• Strong testing, debugging and problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task without impacting attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and proactively, including on multiple projects simultaneously
• Comfortable with organizing and managing competing priorities, and continuously learning
• Interest and ability to learn and leverage new tools and languages
• Knowledge of data warehousing and/or more general data governance principles.
• Experience with the Microsoft suite of BI tools (PowerBI, Analysis Services, etc.)
The environment you'll be working in
Linux, Informix, C, Python, Snowflake, Azure, AWS
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3x5z-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.