Designer (Brands & Licensed Art) - RHCB
Designer, Brands & Licensed Art – Random House Children's Books
Random House Children's Books is hiring a Designer for its Brands and Licensed Art department. The Designer will be responsible for the design and execution of book interiors and covers for Brands and Licensed titles. They will handle all phases of design from concept to production and help with some parts of MacLab /digital artist tasks (such as creation of cover effects, die lines for flap books and stickers and digital alteration of art).
Formats include: 8X8's, Leveled Readers, Chapter Books, Picture Books, Board Books and Activity books. Brands and Licenses include: Berenstain Bears, Richard Scarry, Dr. Seuss, Disney, DC, Nickelodeon, Universal, Lego, various Movie Tie-in titles and many more.
Check out some examples here: Mario Time! (Nintendo), It's A Small World (Disney Classic), Hug Day! (DreamWorks Trolls), and Dr Seuss's The Sounds of Grinchmas.
• Produces mechanicals and comps for all design work
• Researches illustrations/photography and works with artist/agency for use on books to keep within established budget guidelines
• Prepares cover files for promotional use in catalogs and sales materials
• Develops visual concepts working with editorial department
• Meets scheduled deadlines: traffics design work to maintain schedules
• As part of the MacLab team, digitally alters art to add bleed, clones out and restores parts of art, and creates stickers and other various effects
• Meets periodically with the different departments to review work progression and address all special issues in relation to completion of job
• 2+ years of experience, preferably in publishing
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a must
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
• Creating conceptual ideas with innovative designs for covers and interiors
• Ability to design a wide variety of formats
• Strong knowledge of typography
• Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and coordinate workload
• Ability to work conceptually, under pressure and meet deadlines
• Desire to keep up to date with design trends and illustrators
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x375-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.