Designer (Interiors) - Random House Children's Books
Designer (Interiors), Random House Children's Books
The Random House Children's Trade Publishing group seeks a designer to join their novel interior design team. The designer will work closely with the interior art director, cover designers and editors to develop the interior design of young adult and middle grade novels. This is a unique opportunity for a highly creative and collaborative designer who has an interest in interior book design in both print and digital formats.
Check out some examples of what we do: Wonder, One of Us Is Lying, and Marcus Makes a Movie!
• Design and track interior components from concept stage to final printed book
• Follow interior workflow standards that comply with our print and e-book production processes
• Use InDesign styles to design interiors that will function in both a print and electronic setting
• Manage and prioritize numerous projects with varying timelines
• Work collaboratively and constructively with interior art director, cover designers, editors, production managers, and freelancers
• Projects range from 1-color interior designs and heavily illustrated novels to full color nonfiction and graphic novels for young adult and middle grade titles
• Regularly respond to feedback, while maintaining creative intuition
• Minimum of 3 years' experience, preferably in a trade publishing environment
• Strong understanding of the print production process
• A passion and eye for good typography
• Expert command of Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong photo manipulation skills
• Thorough understanding of InDesign paragraph and character styles
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Proactive at meeting deadlines and organizing your work
• Experience in articulating design and conceptual decisions
• A passion for learning new design technologies and trends
• Hand-lettering skills a plus
Please submit cover letter and online portfolio with application.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxmxo-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.