New York, NY
PRH is seeking a designer to join an innovative team focused on demand-based, data-driven original titles across a wide variety of nonfiction genres. These include cookbooks, children's activity books, and faith-based titles.
This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented and organized self-starter who is interested in creating book covers and complex four color layouts in a collaborative, fast-paced startup environment.
Past titles include: Bake Up!, Crystal Healing for Women, The Newlywed Couple's Devotional, Anger Management Skills Workbook for Kids, Dog Training for Kids, and Love More, Fight Less.
• Collaborates with the art director and editorial team to create original book designs, from concept to printer-ready files, within established budget and guidelines
• Maintains schedules and meets deadlines on assigned projects
• Collaborates with art director on shared book projects
• Traffics the work of freelance designers, illustrators, and photographers
• Creates banners and other online marketing materials to promote books
• 3 years design experience, preferably in print design
• Graphic design skills and computer/technical knowledge for book production
• Strong understanding of typefaces and typography, design and complex page layout
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite CC: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
• Goal oriented team player who can cultivate productive working relationships and the ability to work independently
• Proficiency in creative problem-solving, decision making, and time management
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter along with a link to your portfolio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkev0-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.