The Bertelsmann Accounting Services Operating through Penguin Random House is seeking an experienced Credit Correspondent to join their team. This position is a remote one. Under full to moderate supervision and following standard guidelines, provides customer assistance in handling requests for credit and for the collection of delinquent accounts. Reviews/researches assigned accounts to determine credit worthiness. Evaluates if shipments should be suspended, contacts customers regarding their accounts and diligently resolves discrepancies. Minimizes risk by utilizing all available information.
This position provides an opportunity to work with various clients while handling responsibilities such as:
• Reviews credit held orders multiple times daily for disposition.
• Reviews and responds to voice mail, paper mail, email and faxes promptly.
• Responsible for claim research and resulting debit/credit adjustments or denials.
• Researches/responds to all internal and external customer inquiries.
• Initiates communication with customers within assigned territories.
• Maintains pertinent information regarding account status and history.
• Reviews accounts to determine credit exposure, based on guidelines set by management
• Responsible for maintenance to accounts and write-off documentation.
• Makes logical and sound decisions.
• Obtains customer financials to assess risk.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Negotiates reconciliations and payment plans within set guidelines.
• Decides/recommends method to enhance collection efforts, including payment plans, suspending shipments, placements, etc.
• Reports to manager for guidance and direction as required.
• Keeps management apprised of potential problems/concerns.
• Refers recommendation for situations beyond authority to manager for review and approval.
• Proactively explores new technology.
• Participates in training to enhance job skills.
• Flexibility in performing other related duties.
The ideal candidate has:
• Skills to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbal and written.
• Ability to display good judgment and makes appropriate recommendations.
• Strong organizational, prioritization and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Working knowledge of PC programs.
• Familiarity with company policy and credit and bankruptcy laws.
Experience and Education:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1-2 years' collection or related experience preferred.
This position may have the opportunity to work remotly
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7no4k-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.