Consumer Insights Analyst – Consumer Marketing
** OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES **
Penguin Random House is seeking candidates interested in applying their analytical skills to better understand the 'why' behind book reading and buying behaviors. We ask that you consider this position if you're looking to collaborate with a team of innovative researchers tasked with exploring reader preferences and behaviors, and influence publishing decisions through analysis.
This role will require strong organizational skills and the ability to identify business-relevant insights. It is intended for candidates eager to work with a variety of data. The day-to-day will involve working with panel-based survey, social media, web traffic, and sales data. What is required is familiarity with quantitative research techniques, the ability to query databases, an interest in understanding consumer behaviors and attitudes, and a passion for connecting readers to our many books, authors, and brands.
The position is part of the corporate Consumer Marketing team and will report to the Research and Insights Director. The analyst will have the opportunity to engage with the broader community of analysts and researchers across the company's publishing divisions and corporate teams.
• Analyze data, including survey, sales, behavioral, and text-based data
• Maintain a survey database, including development of data dictionaries and optimizing data for analysis
• Develop research frameworks and introduce new techniques
• Identify key performance metrics for data sets used by the team, including community KPIs for an in-house research panel
• Develop reporting tools and dashboards
• Write, program, and field surveys
• Manage relationships with external market research companies
• Collaborate with other teams on special projects
• 1-2 years professional experience in a data analysis role
• Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, knowledge of SQL
• Familiarity with SurveyMonkey/Momentive, Decipher/FocusVision, UserZoom, YouGov Profiles, Brandwatch, Similarweb, PowerBI, and market research analysis software a plus
• Social science or math/science coursework preferred
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication/writing skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to think critically about business needs
• Comfort with working on multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw983n-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.