Casting Associate - Audio (NYC & LA)
Our team at Penguin Random House Audio is currently seeking a Casting Associate to join their team. The Casting Associate will collaborate with our producer team to help find and identify the talent best suited for individual audiobook productions.
The Penguin Random House Audio Producers team is a group of elite producers whose productions consistently receive the highest honors and recognition in the industry. From bestselling authors to emerging authors, our collaboration with content creators produces audiobooks of the highest quality that push the boundaries of the format. Some of our recent highly acclaimed audiobooks include George Saunders' Lincoln in the Bardo, Seth Rogen's Yearbook, Dr. Ibram X. Kendi and Keisha N. Blain's Four Hundred Souls, and many more.
Our audio team demonstrates excellence in the areas of author engagement and have a proven track record of producing audio content of the highest quality. If you possess a deep love of, and passion for, literature, performance, and the audio format, then we're looking for you!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with producers to help identify the casting needs for specific productions.
• Help build a broad and diverse network of actors to call upon and maintain relationships within that network, with both talent and agencies.
• Use innovation and resources to discover new talent, via agencies, media, and word of mouth. Be open and eager for ongoing experiences with all forms of entertainment, in an effort to be continually introduced to new talent.
• Make recommendations to producers based on knowledge of, and experience with, specific talent.
• Audition actors on a regular basis, both for specific productions and in the interest of broadening our network of talent.
• Be able to identify the strengths of voice actors in terms of acting and storytelling abilities.
• Minimum of two years experience working in casting or audiobook production.
• Wide knowledge of actors working across all mediums.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Good memory and ability to recall.
• Knowledge of, and passion for, the audiobook format.
• Familiarity with audiobook industry talent.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94kjz-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.