Business Analyst - Publishing Group
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Business Analyst, PRH Publishing Operations
The Business Analyst will work on projects and maintenance of the Penguin Random House SAP system, which supports core processes used by Penguin Random House employees and distribution clients. The Business Analyst will work with Managing Editorial, Production, Inventory, Marketing, Publicity, Design, Sales, IT, and all other departments.
The role will include requirements gathering, data analysis, project management, user support, and some training. The analyst will be part of the 9-member Publishing Operations Systems team, a group that supports the PRH SAP MM/PP/PS modules. This is a great opportunity for someone with SAP consulting experience who enjoys complex problem solving. This is a business analyst position and does not require coding experience.
• • Document business requirements
• Analyze problems, propose solutions and recommend prioritization
• Translate technical problems and solutions into business language to facilitate decision making
• Create functional specification documents
• Collaborate with developers to translate functional specs into technical specifications
• Create test cases and execute to test system enhancements
• Troubleshoot system issues with the user community and IT; these issues include tracking down data problems on individual titles, mass data updates, and system configuration among others; triage and escalate appropriately
• Use database tools to pull large data sets and use the analysis of that data to identify issues and solutions for individual divisions or the company as a whole
• Work collaboratively on projects toward common goals, but also take ownership of projects from end-to-end
• Promote knowledge transfer within and beyond the team by documenting issues and processes and communicating best practices to users
• Manage data maintenance in SAP as needed
• • 3 – 5 years of ERP analyst experience required
• SAP MM/PP is a plus
• PS module is a plus
• Ability to understand ABAP code a plus
• Analytical, data-driven approach; logical thinker with ability to articulate meaningful conclusions found in the data
• Strong communication and customer service skills with ability to assess ''wants'' vs. ''needs'' and translate what is at the heart of user requirements
• Proven ability to translate business challenges into system solutions
• Advanced Excel / Access Macros writing experience a plus
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Advanced SQL query writing experience a plus
• Experience in book publishing is a big plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yw8j-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.