Backlist Marketing Manager, Knopf Doubleday
The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group is a storied leader in commercial and literary publishing and home to some of the most iconic authors in the world, including Nobel Laureates Toni Morrison, Kazuo Ishiguro, and Alice Munro; Prize-winners Robert Caro, Joan Didion, Yaa Gyasi, Jhumpa Lahiri, Cormac McCarthy, Michael Ondaatje, Tommy Orange, Patti Smith, Anne Tyler, and Colson Whitehead; and global bestsellers Dan Brown, John Grisham, Erin Morgenstern, and Jo Nesbo.
The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group is seeking a creative and enthusiastic marketer to join the Audience Development team.
Reporting into the Director of Backlist Strategy, the Backlist Marketing Manager will create and execute strategic marketing campaigns for a rich assortment of backlist titles across the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group (a catalog of over 5,000 titles).
The manager will help set and meet ambitious goals for backlist sales growth, working closely with the data analytics and consumer insights teams at Penguin Random House, as well as Knopf Doubleday title marketers on key opportunity titles and categories.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with marketers and analytics specialists throughout Penguin Random House-and campaign for the consistently selling titles that consumers most want to read now.
• Create and implement results-driven paid and organic marketing campaigns for key backlist titles and categories
• Use market data, sales reports, and consumer insights to track and forecast marketplace trends, devising campaigns that will proactively position relevant backlist well for consumers
• Work closely with Audience Development team, as well as imprint marketers, to find new angles and audiences for continued sales growth on key titles
• Plan and closely monitor consumer data-driven ad campaigns with the Creative Services team across backlist titles for the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group-communicating campaign goals and KPIs with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Create new sales assets (ex: sell sheets, powerpoint slides) as needed for expanded distribution opportunities
• Continually strategize with supervisor-as well as colleagues throughout the company-on improving efforts to connect a broad catalog of backlist books and relevant content with new readers
• Send regular reports to publishing teams of campaign details, goals, and learned insights
• Collaborate with the Knopf Doubleday online sales optimization team on optimizing metadata (keywords, copy, images) on opportunity titles for better discoverability and consumer engagement online
• A proven track record in marketing directly to consumers to drive conversion/purchase and sustain momentum over time
• Demonstrate, with examples, ability to develop and execute successful marketing campaigns from strategy through execution
• Proven understanding of the social landscape, platform best practices, and a clear grasp of consumers' social media habits
• Early adopter of new social media platforms
• Strong understanding of advertising metrics and analyzing data sets
• A curious and creative mindset with the ability to be resourceful and self-motivated
• Timely follow through when collaborating and working autonomously and a focus on project management, communication, organization and attention to detail when multitasking
• A history in building relationships and pivoting across communication styles with stakeholders
• Ability to set and meet goals under an established budget
• Proficiency with Excel, including pivot tables and formulas
• Experience with MS Office suite
• For the purposes of creating basic marketing assets on programs like Canva, basic design skills are a plus but not a requirement
• Though publishing experience is a plus, it is not required or needed to succeed in this role-initiative, innovation, project management, communication skills and strategic thinking are key
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and kindly include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbpwjk-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.