Assistant Director, Marketing, Hogarth Books and Random House
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Asst Marketing Director, Graphic & Licensing - Ten Speed Press & Clarkson Potter (Open to Remote)
Penguin Random House is seeking a creative, detail-oriented Assistant Marketing Director for licensed and graphic books at Ten Speed Press and Clarkson Potter. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in a creative and hands-on environment. This role will work in tandem with Marketing and Editorial team on key networks in the licensed and graphic space including Dungeons and Dragons, The Witcher, Stranger Things, Ibram X. Kendi, Timothy Snyder, Camilla d'Errico, The New York Times and more.
The Assistant Marketing Director, Graphic and Licensing, will oversee title marketing campaigns and ongoing growth initiatives for high-profile brand publishing partners, including online promotions, influencer outreach, advertising, and overall creative strategy. They will be the main marketing contact for licensors and will assure that marketing campaigns satisfy both Ten Speed Press/Clarkson Potter and licensing partner goals.
• Crafts and executes marketing campaigns for a variety of licensed and graphic titles the goal of driving reader engagement and sales
• Helps with the strategic planning and on-site management of various consumer-facing pop culture conventions, including San Diego Comic Con, Emerald City Comic Con and New York Comic Con
• Manages multiple marketing projects with varying timelines
• Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders within licensing partnerships
• Works closely across departments with editorial, publicity, sales, and creative services (including social media, email marketing, design, copy, media buyers)
• Identifies available audiences for each book and ways to reach them through advertising, promotion, and social media while also keeping up to date on new platforms and marketing methods
This position has the flexibility to be completely work-from-home, hybrid, or local to New York City.
• 6-8 years of experience in book promotion or related media
• A passion for: fandom, reading, initiative, innovation, collaboration, and curiosity
• Genuine interest in licensed publishing, graphic novels and pop culture
• Interest in attending consumer conventions, such as Comic Con in San Diego, New York, and/or Seattle
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with major authors and stakeholders
• Able to apply organizational methods and strategies to meet deadlines and manage multiple active projects at once in a fast-paced and details-focused environment
• Proficiency as well as strong interest in using social media platforms as a marketing tool
• Ability to work independently in a proactive manner and collaborate with a team
• Proficiency in creative problem solving and decision making
• A goal-oriented team player who can cultivate a productive working relationship
The salary range for this position is $79,000-$87,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03oy8-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $79,000 to $87,000 Per Year ($ USD)
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.