Web Producer - Integrated Marketing
New York, NY
Random House Children's Books | Associate Publicist
Random House Children's Books seeks an energetic and book-passionate Associate Publicist to join its Publicity team. The person in this role will assist in daily operations and administrative functions for the publicity department, assist senior publicity staff with media and event campaigns, and coordinate publicity campaigns for assigned titles under supervision.
Knowledge of the media landscape, as well as growing relationships with book reviewers, print and online magazine editors, broadcast producers, and bloggers are must-haves; in addition to knowledge of using social media in book publicity. Internally, the role will interact closely with Marketing, Sales, and Editorial teams, and externally the role will entail communication with authors and illustrators, booksellers, and all facets of media, including TV, Radio, Print, and Online outlets.
With this in mind, to be successful in this role we feel that you'll need to have:
• Excellent written verbal communication skills,
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively,
• Detail oriented approach to daily task
• Approximately two years of experience in Publicity (book publishing experience a plus).
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Assists senior publicity staff with campaigns for their titles and administrative tasks to include
• Updating media hits
• Drafting pitches
• Reconciling expenses
• Mailing advance copies
• Awards submissions
• Coordinates publicity campaigns for assigned titles under supervision.
• Promotes titles and authors to media (radio, TV, online sources, etc.)
• Researches and seeks out new media outlets for promotion of
• Creates publicity materials such as galley letters, press releases, and press kits.
• Coordinates and confirms author tour schedules and book signings; may secure some book tours under supervision.
• Reads several magazines and newspapers for publishing news and information on our books.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3n1z-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.