We have an exciting and unique opportunity available as Associate Project Manager working within our Proprietary Sales division. This position will be responsible for leading the development, design and tracking of approximately 75-100 custom-print book projects per year across all Random House Children's Books imprints, including board books, storybooks, leveled readers, chapter books, and activity books based on major book brands such as Berenstain Bears, Little Critter, and Richard Scarry as well as licensed properties from Disney, Nickelodeon, Universal/Dreamworks, Marvel, DC Comics, and many others. Must be comfortable working on rush projects under tight deadlines.
The Associate Project Manager plays a hands-on role in all sales, editorial, production, manufacturing, and design activities involved in the custom-book publishing process and will have the opportunity to interact with all internal departments.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working with the Director of Proprietary Sales in leading the planning, budgeting, scheduling, and coordination of new projects, revisions, and reprints, from the initial concept through bound book stage and product release
• Coordinating communications in-house to ensure that Publishing, Sales, Production, Transportation, and Billing departments are provided with timely information
• Generating documents for project flow, customer portals, spec sheets, PowerPoint decks, agendas
• Coordinating sales logistics & analysis
• Obtaining licensor approvals
• Maintaining and updating proprietary database
• Creating/reconciling monthly billing reports
• Minimum of 2 years adult or children's publishing experience
• Prior project management, managing editorial, design and/or production experience is a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is necessary
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a focus on process
• Highly proactive with strong problem solving skills
• Proven ability to drive results and accountability in a cross functional and fast paced environment
• Experience with SAP and Adobe InDesign is a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9320-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.