Penguin Young Readers is currently seeking an Associate Manager, Preschool Marketing to join the Retail and Brand Marketing team. This position supports the Executive Director, Preschool and Young Readers Marketing and the role provides an opportunity to work very closely with the entire Penguin Kids Marketing team.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment that is home to world-renowned picture book creators like Oliver Jeffers, Jacqueline Woodson, Amanda Gorman, Matt de la Pena, Christian Robinson, Chelsea Clinton, Adam Rubin and many more bestselling and award-winning authors and illustrators.
The Assistant Manager will:
• Develop and execute the marketing campaigns for key frontlist picture book, chapter book, and board book titles
• Manage the content development and creation of all retail and consumer collateral to support key title marketing campaigns (such as displays, promotional items, digital assets for booksellers, partnership collateral, advertising units, sell sheets, etc.). This includes writing copy and working closely with the creative services department on execution
• Communicate with authors, illustrators, and estates to keep them up to date on marketing efforts
• Partner and communicate with sales department to maximize opportunities for key titles across all channels of distribution
• Spearhead and present at key title and author meetings, as well as attend several other marketing meetings on a weekly, bi-weekly, and seasonal basis
• Support in partnership outreach and coordination, including brainstorming activations and promotional opportunities
• Prepare marketing presentations and documents
• Manage seasonal sales schedules and deadlines
• The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter who thinks creatively, inclusively, and is detail-oriented
• 3-5 years of experience in the publishing industry is preferred
• Self-motivated, able to juggle multiple priorities, and can work independently as well as in a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Light proofreading and design skills (such as Adobe Creative Suite) are a plus
• An enthusiasm for marketing and children's publishing as a discipline, and an interest in media trends
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyy2m0-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.