Associate Marketing Manager, Young Adult Books (Open to Remote)
We are looking for an Associate Marketing Manager to join the Random House Children's Books Trade Marketing team. Random House Children's Books is home to bestselling and award-winning trade authors and illustrators, from Nic Stone (author of Dear Martin) and Karen McManus (One of Us Is Lying), to Nicola Yoon (Everything, Everything and The Sun Is Also a Star), Jennifer Niven (All the Bright Places), Christopher Paolini (The Inheritance Cycle), and more.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Associate Marketing Manager will work closely with the with the Audience Engagement, Publicity, and School & Library Marketing teams to develop and execute frontlist and backlist title campaigns to reach booksellers, teens, and crossover readers, to create awareness and drive sales. Additionally, the Associate Marketing Manager will work closely with these groups to promote our books at consumer events and festivals and to continue to build the underlined brand presence.
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns for select frontlist and backlist Young Adult titles
• Develop ad briefs, including targeting and copy suggestions, for programmatic display and social ad campaigns
• Create and route campaign assets and materials
• Create distributions such as proposed print quantities of marketing materials, working back with sales to establish estimates and orders
• Collaborate with Design, Digital Marketing, School & Library marketing, and Publicity to ensure cohesive marketing plans and messaging
• Act as the liaison between Random House Children's Books and consumer show organizers and other partnership stakeholders through effectively communicating sponsorship agreements and details, maintaining a good relationship with partners, and advising on strategy
• Coordinate and lead show-specific teams, comprised of key team members across marketing and publicity, including the management of key show dates, materials, budgets, and deadlines and regular show meetings and their agendas, action items, follow-ups, and notes
• Organize staffing, travel, staff materials and resources, and working schedules for each show and attend key consumer shows regularly, virtually and in-person
• Represent campaigns, event strategy, and other opportunities in meetings with internal and external stakeholders
• Provide additional support to the Senior Manager as needed
• At least 3-4 years of experience in marketing. Book marketing is preferred
• Interest in working with books for young adults (books for ages 13 and up) a must. Experience working with or reaching YA readers and audiences a plus!
• Highly organized with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
• Self-motivated worker comfortable working independently as well as with a team
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and remain solution-oriented
• Willingness to learn and collaborate
• Ability to travel domestically to consumer shows and festivals approximately 3-5 times a year
The salary for this position is $63,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nx86-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.