Associate Manager, Social Media, Random House
In 1925, Bennett Cerf and Donald Klopfer, two New Yorkers in their mid-twenties, acquired The Modern Library, a stable of classics and contemporary American works. Two years later, the company assumed Random House when Cerf and Klopfer decided to publish a few books on the side, ''at random.''
Today Random House is the proud publishing home of the world's most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. The Random House portfolio of imprints includes Ballantine Books, Bantam, Crown, Currency, Delacorte Press, Dell, Del Rey, The Dial Press, Modern Library, One World, Hogarth, Convergent, and, of course, the flagship imprint Random House (among many others!). Publishing original fiction and nonfiction across imprints in all formats, Random House aims to connect with a broad and diverse readership, continuing our mission to entertain, educate, and inspire readers everywhere.
We seek a creative and strategic social media manager to join the Random House Group Integrated Marketing and Publicity team. In this role, you will develop and execute bespoke book content for the Crown imprint channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) while working alongside the rest of the social media team to manage Random House's Pinterest and LinkedIn presences and lead group-wide social media campaigns with the goals of book discovery and awareness, book sales and audience growth. The Associate Manager, Social Media, also has one direct report, a social media Associate.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who appreciates book and media culture, keeps up-to-date with social media trends, and is motivated by connecting a truly ''random'' set of books with diverse audiences. This is a highly collaborative role, perfect for someone who can pair taking initiative with a discerning eye towards content that ''moves the needle.'' Reporting to the Vice President of Consumer Strategy and Engagement, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in steering highly esteemed literary, commercial, and nonfiction brands into exciting new directions.
• Curate and create compelling content related to our books, authors, events, and brands.
• Channel and community management of the Crown brand accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), including social media content calendars and design needs
• Ownership of Random House LinkedIn and Pinterest, including creating opportunities for growth and learning on these platforms, supported by a team
• Collaborate with colleagues across marketing and publicity to develop the social media portion of group-wide campaigns for important moments (summer reading, holiday gift guides, etc.)
• Manage and develop one social media associate
• Use social platform metrics and social listening systems to create reports and perform analysis for ad-hoc projects.
• Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media
• Assist in developing best practices and guidelines for imprints and authors
• 2-3 years of experience managing a brand's social media feeds. Book publishing experience is not required, but familiarity with book culture is a plus
• High proficiency in content creation for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, as well as demonstrated understanding of those platforms, including data/reporting, trends, and consumer behavior
• Creative mindset alongside excellent project management, organizational, and collaboration skills
• Ability to manage and support the career development of junior team members
• Proven ability to strategize and create content in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Design and photography experience and artistic skills a plus
• Understanding of key social measurement metrics
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j1k1-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.