Associate Manager, Performance Marketing (Open to Remote)
Penguin Random House Consumer Marketing is seeking an Associate Manager to join the Advertising team, an innovative, data-driven team dedicated to ad campaign reporting, benchmarking, audience segmentation and strategy, and providing actionable recommendations to improve advertising performance across the company.
The Associate Manager, Performance Marketing will be responsible for analyzing and compiling performance reporting for advertising campaigns in support of adult fiction and nonfiction titles, as well as providing key support and performance recommendations to divisional marketing stakeholders, and collaborating closely with the Ad Operations & Paid Media Strategy team to provide campaign audience strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a data-minded digital or performance marketer to serve as a key strategic partner to our publishing divisions to improve their title advertising efforts.
Work in partnership with the Assistant Director of Performance Marketing to:
• Compile weekly, seasonal, and annual performance reports to inform future strategy and drive overall efficiency and marketing effectiveness for divisional marketing campaigns
• Establish divisional campaign KPIs (key performance indicators) and benchmarks and ensure they are consistently being met
• Collaborate with divisional marketers, the Paid Media Strategy & AdOps, and Consumer Marketing teams and provide stakeholders with regular campaign reports with recommendations for budget re-allocation and advertising channel optimization
• Work closely with the Analytics and Consumer Data & Marketing Automation teams on ad audience segmentation, strategy, and testing
• Support divisions through ad audience creation and distribution, while adhering to consumer data privacy and security regulations
• Formulate best practices, case studies, and advertising recommendations for divisional advertisers and marketers across the company
• Contribute to the development of in-house marketing tools to improve marketing effectiveness and measurement across the company
• 3+ years of experience in performance marketing or digital advertising (Amazon, Facebook, Google, etc.)
• Ability to analyze and translate marketing data into actionable performance recommendations for marketing stakeholders
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
• Familiarity in the language of digital marketing metrics and online measurement (CTR, CPM, ROAS, etc.)
• Exceptional written, verbal, and in-person/virtual presentation skills; including the ability to present performance numbers as a narrative
• Ability to work independently and manage own projects in a fast-paced environment, as well as collaborate with and support efforts of the larger team
• Aptitude for adopting new tools and learning new technologies quickly
• An eye for trends: both spotting them in data and identifying them in the advertising landscape
• Bonus: experience with web analytics tools like Adobe Analytics, experience with Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), and a passion for books!
The salary range for this position is $63,000-$65,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
About the Advertising Team:
The PRH Advertising team works in partnership with marketing teams across the company to create strategic and innovative campaigns designed to connect the right readers with the right books, wherever they are in their purchase journey. The team applies a performance-driven approach to campaign strategy and optimization, managing campaigns from set-up to reporting. We're a collaborative and curious bunch, excited about what's new on our bookshelves and what's next in advertising.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0x3m-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.