Penguin Young Readers is currently seeking an analytically minded and self-motivated Associate Manager, National Accounts responsible for selling to and overseeing our account relationship with Barnes & Noble, focusing on our middle grade, graphic novel, Spanish language, and board book categories. In this highly visible role, the Associate NAM will interact with other internal departments including editorial, design, marketing, and other sales colleagues while developing sales programs for titles across Penguin Young Readers' imprints.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Selling frontlist titles to Barnes & Noble (retail and online) on a regular basis and presenting results in sales reports.
• Performing detailed sales analysis including tracking sales, forecasting demand, and defining opportunities.
• Working to manage and substantially grow the backlist through backlist analysis and developing backlist programs.
• Working to manage and substantially grow holiday and seasonal sales opportunities
• Working closely with other internal departments to develop retail promotions.
• Tracking and managing orders and inventory
• Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience, including directly interacting with accounts
• Ability to regularly visit Barnes & Noble's home office and meet with B&N colleagues in NYC with minimal notice/on an ad hoc basis
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully manage internal and external relationships
• Excellent analytical skills
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Excellent presentation skills
• Attention to detail a must
• Ability to be flexible in a changing marketplace
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Prior experience within children's publishing is a plus
• Experience with SAP and/or Business Objects is a plus
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus
The salary for this position is $63,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnyyw3-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.