Penguin Random House
New York, NY
We have an opportunity for a full-time Ebook Production Associate at Penguin Random House. This role is part of the Penguin ebooks team, made up of five people, reporting up through our larger Ebook Development and Operations team of about thirty-five people. In this role you will convert print titles into ebooks using InDesign, HTML, and CSS, and maintain these products once they are in market. This opening is a great opportunity to learn about the production of books as part of a close-knit team working in a high-paced, rapidly changing environment. This role consists of independent work as well as teamwork, with room for growth and learning new skillsets.
• Convert print files into ebooks using in-house process with instructions from publishing division
• Resolve quality issues that appear with ebook files in market and update existing titles per divisional request
• Manage conversions and updates through review and distribution, including corrections passes
• Prepare materials for delivery to third party vendor according to current specifications and complete initial QC check on returned materials
• Update departmental databases with current information on ebook production status
• Serve as communication point person for assigned divisional imprints
• Participate in discussions at team and working group meetings
• 6 Months-1 year experience working in Adobe InDesign
• Proficiency in MAC
• Strong organizational ability
• Capacity to manage time effectively amid changing priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong sense of teamwork
• Experience in digital publishing or interior book design
• Experience with EPUB, HTML, CSS
• Experience with other Adobe Suite programs
• Experience with Regex
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vkp5-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.