Associate Director, Marketing - Pantheon and Schocken Books (Open to Remote)
Pantheon and Schocken Books is seeking an experienced and creative Associate Director, Marketing to join our team to work on marketing campaigns for some of our most exciting titles, as well as own the strategy and calendar for our Pantheon social channels.
Pantheon was founded in 1942 by Helen and Kurt Wolff and began by publishing literature in translation. In the post-war decades, Pantheon emerged as the premiere home to major works of cultural commentary by such authors as Studs Terkel, Marguerite Duras, and Simone de Beauvoir. Today its star-studded roster of award-winning authors include Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah, Wole Soyinka, James Gleick, Margo Jefferson, Ha Jin, Ali Smith, Alexander McCall Smith, Heather Ann Thompson, Charles Yu, Marjane Satrapi, and Art Spiegelman.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, you will develop innovative, end-to-end marketing campaigns, working closely with authors, editors, and agents on the creation and execution of hardcover and paperback promotions. You will work across genres, including literary fiction, history, cultural criticism, memoir, current events, graphic novels, Judaica, and more, and across teams to influence imprint-wide campaigns and initiatives, with an eye toward grassroots marketing activations and creative promotional opportunities. You will also coordinate the day-to-day strategy of Pantheon's social channels, including owning the posting calendar, creating content, and developing a brand voice across platforms.
Pantheon is small, highly collaborative imprint dedicated to publishing high-quality fiction and nonfiction for adults with purpose. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated marketer with wide reading interests looking to join a fast-growing imprint with a storied history and a bold and progressive future.
Application Deadline: October 26, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
• Create and lead innovative title-marketing campaigns based on market data and consumer trends to drive awareness, engagement, and sales of upcoming publications
• Manage title-marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, analytics, creative partnerships, and budgets to help maximize ROI on numerous lead titles per year
• Liaise with Publicity, Editorial, and Audience Development, and their larger teams to implement cohesive campaigns and promotions, while communicating with sales, authors, agents, and other stakeholders as needed
• Manage Pantheon's Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts, including day-to-day photography and posting, as well as long-term brand-building, data analysis, and channel optimization
• Maintain awareness of the adult book market and publishing industry and suggest new and innovative ways to market titles to consumers, influencers, and booksellers
• 7-10 years of experience in book marketing with demonstrated presentation skills and proven ability to create strong integrated campaigns, as well as programmatic, social, and search advertising strategies
• 5 years of experience managing social media channels, including running influencer campaigns, maintaining social calendars and content development, and using data to optimize strategies and messaging
• Strong photography and copywriting abilities
• Ability to set and meet goals under an established budget
• Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience working with editorial, publicity, and sales, as well as working with authors and agents
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and other key stakeholders, both in writing and verbally
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline driven working environment
• Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company
• Results-oriented, motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently
• Interest in developing marketing partnerships, out-of-the-box campaigns, and direct-to-reader outreach
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
• Proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite programs and online marketing tools
The salary for this role is $80,000 - $90,000. Candidates with less than 7 years of campaign management experience and 5 years of experience managing social media strategy and implementation will be eligible for a salary of $80,000-$85,000, while those with more than 7 years of campaign and 5 years of social experience will be eligible for a salary of $86,000-$90,000. Please note all candidates must have experience with both campaign management AND social media strategy and implementation. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7om46-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.