Penguin Random House is seeking a new Associate Director to join our Global Mergers & Acquisitions team.
About the PRH Global M&A Team: we are a fast-paced, collaborative team that works closely with the CEO of Penguin Random House and PRH senior leadership both locally and globally to advance PRH's inorganic growth objectives. Each project we undertake brings unique insight and exposure to the inner-workings of Penguin Random House and our parent company, Bertelsmann, and the opportunity to participate in the discussions that drive our global agenda.
As the Associate Director, you will report to the VP of Global Mergers & Acquisitions and manage all aspects of active M&A deals with support from the team. The role provides a unique opportunity to leverage your M&A skill set and to strengthen your skills related to deal structuring and negotiating.
What you will do:
• Screen targets proactively and reactively to determine if they meet PRH's acquisition criteria
• Build financial and discounted cash flow models to formulate a view on valuation
• Drive creation of deal documents including letters of intent and investment proposals for PRH and/or Bertelsmann approval
• Complete business and financial due diligence
• Manage due diligence process across all workstreams, including internal partners and third-party advisors
• Work closely with the legal team to review and provide feedback on transaction documents
• Support negotiations of various financial and legal deal-related topics
• Collaborate cross-functionally to develop TSA and complete seamless integration post-close
• Prepare M&A related materials for strategic presentations for CEO, CFO, and shareholders
• Prepare ad hoc analyses to evaluate high-impact strategic projects
You'll be a great fit if you have:
• 3-6 years of work experience, with prior experience in investment banking, private equity and/or corporate development
• Strong quantitative abilities, with experience performing financial and valuation analyses
• A solid understanding of accounting and key operating metrics
• Excellent organizational skills and experience in prioritizing and executing multiple projects / deadlines
• A proactive mindset and are naturally self-motivated
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams
• A strong interest and/or knowledge of media/digital media
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• An MBA or education in Business Analytics a plus
• Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, German, or French a plus
• Global experience with exposure to European, Latin American and Asia Markets a plus
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $150,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyw22-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.