Manager, Marketing Operations - Operational Performance
New York, NY
Associate Director/Director of Data Science
The Data Science practice at Penguin Random House is seeking somebody to lead our efforts around marketing effectiveness.
In this role, you will work on a variety of high-profile projects in collaboration with key decision makers across the organization. The Associate Director/Director of Data Science will play a strategic role in developing the cross-platform and cross-media measurement approaches for Penguin Random House, including tool development and learning agendas.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in media or advertising effectiveness research along with a natural curiosity to understand how things work. They should be a great communicator and able to partner and influence across complex organizations.
**The team is open to considering candidates from a Senior Data Scientist level through to a Director of Data Science, dependent upon experience.
• Leverage capabilities on behalf of marketers to measure and optimize marketing spend and efforts across variety of platforms and channels
• Develop and execute against measurement strategy including designing tests and implementing measurement tools to help marketers improve the effectiveness of their advertising and organic efforts across digital platforms and media
• Conduct in-depth standard and custom marketing effectiveness studies for stakeholders to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media
• Communicate complex research results to stakeholders when needed
• 5+ years of working experience, consulting, measurement technology, research or analytics experience and experience-based aptitude to use data and numbers to formulate insights
• Substantial foundation in measurement, analytics, research and statistics
• Expertise in time series modeling, synthetic counterfactuals and experiment design
• Knowledge of Brand and Direct Response measurement solutions such as Brand Lift, Conversion Lift, Multi-Touch Attribution etc.
• Experience in E-commerce industry
• Knowledge of digital media landscape and strategies of players in the industry
• Experience developing framing strategies and communicating to audiences, both technical and non-technical
• Experience in the advertising industry or consumer behavior
• Understanding of current media landscape and challenges marketers face
• Experience with stakeholder management
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8ke2-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.